- Evaluation of the overall pollution load due to the pulp and paper industries.
- Assessment of the Impact of Implementation of Charter for “Water Recycling & Pollution
Prevention in Pulp and Paper Industry” prepared by CPCB 2015.
- Capture diurnal and daily variation
- Reconnaissance of identified (as per the list provided by CPCB) Pulp and Paper Industries
(130) in Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
- Assessment of Water Consumption and Pollution Control Facilities
- Sampling of Industrial effluent from the outlet of ETP of the mills.
- Sampling from the recipient drains and their upstream/ downstream monitoring
- Groundwater sampling of hand pumps/tubewells adjacent to the industries/drains.
- Analysis of samples for certain Physico-chemical characteristics (pH, Colour, TSS, VSS,
TDS, BOD, COD, AOX and SAR).